School of Social Work students, please note that we are using a different system than last year.
Vary by scholarship. Scholarships will be offered year-round, so students should frequent the site if they want to maximize their opportunities.
The School of Social Work offers multiple scholarships each year to enrolled undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. students. Scholarship availability and application deadlines are announced to enrolled students via their VCU email account. Each applicant must apply using the RAMS Scholarship HUB. This Hub is a centralized, searchable database where students can view the many scholarship opportunities available to them and offered through various VCU colleges, schools and departments. The application process on the Rams Scholarship Hub is streamlined so that currently enrolled students can apply for several scholarships using a single application, supplemented by answering additional award-specific questions.
This system is currently active and students can begin searching for scholarships. The School of Social Work scholarships will not be available to applicants until the start of the spring semesters.
How to apply
A complete list of scholarship requirements are included on our Scholarships, Financial Aid and Resources page. All application materials are to be completed and uploaded online.
- Login with your eID and password: The 'My Applications' tab shows a listing of applications you are in the process of submitting or have already submitted. From here, select ‘General Application’ to begin.
- Complete and submit your General Application. If you need more time to gather information, click ‘Save and Keep Editing’.
Note: The general application is linked to data from your official university record including your major(s), minor and GPA. Once submitted, the system will match you to scholarships for which you are eligible based on required major, GPA, community involvement, number of completed courses, transfer student status, etc. You are able to update your application at any time before the submission deadline by choosing “Update Your Application” on the bottom right of the page.
*A new general application must be completed for each scholarship application cycle.
3. Complete and submit the School of Social Work Conditional Application
Note: You can review imported applicant information by clicking the gray ‘Applicant Record.’ If you see an error on this page, contact VCU Records and Registration or the School of Social Work via email@example.com to have a correction made. The scholarship site refreshes imported applicant information nightly so if you have made a recent change to your major or had a grade updated, it may take up to 24 hours to appear. If your applicant information is blank or you are not routed to the ‘School of Social Work Application,’ contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Select the “Opportunities” tab to review scholarships for which you are eligible based on the supplied and imported data.
- Click “Finish and Submit” when each individual scholarship application is complete and ready for submission. You can monitor the status of each application from the ‘Applications’ tab.
(May vary per scholarship):
- A completed general and conditional application using the RAMS Scholarship HUB
- An unofficial transcript: A copy of your unofficial transcript can be obtained via eServices. You can save them digitally with Adobe Pro (press Ctrl+P, then change to “Save as PDF”). You can also print and scan a copy if you do not have Adobe.
- A resume: For assistance drafting your resume, please visit Career Services resource page.
- One personal statement (500-word maximum) that explains your educational and career goals as they relate to the scholarship(s) for which you are eligible. Each personal statement should integrate the focus of each School of Social Work scholarship you apply for based on the selection criteria and donor description. For assistance drafting your personal statement, please visit the Writing Center’s resource page.
**A FASFA is required on file for financial need-based scholarships. You can contact the Financial Aid Office for details.
Selected scholarship recipients will be notified via their VCU email in the latter part of the spring semester. Successful applicants receiving award notifications will be sent instructions and formal acceptance procedures via email. Details on award disbursements are shared with recipients at the time of notification. Scholarship funds are disbursed to the recipient's VCU Student account at the beginning of the fall semester and applied to the fall tuition bill.
If awarded a scholarship by the School of Social Work, students understand that they will:
- Be enrolled in the School of Social Work for the Fall 2020 semester at the level required by the scholarship.
- Maintain the required academic performance set forth in the scholarship guidelines.
- Submit the post-acceptance questions provided they receive a scholarship, including: submitting a recent photograph and answering a few questions. Students understand that if they do not submit the post-acceptance questions within two weeks of being notified that they will not receive the funds associated with their scholarship.
- If asked, they will attend recognition events and participate in stewardship activities when possible.
- Give the university permission to release information about the recipient for donor stewardship and award purposes (i.e., display on the website, share recipient information with the donor).
- Give the university permission to use recipient photographs or quotations in publications and for stewardship purposes.
For questions regarding scholarships or the application process please contact email@example.com.